Re: python 2.5, opensolaris and SunPro

Carl Brewer schrieb:
> CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
> CXX=cc

Whew, your C compiler can translate C++ code, too?

> PKGSRC_COMPILER=        sunpro
> CC=                     /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

I prefer it if you set SUNWSPROBASE=/opt/SUNWspro instead. That will
make the C++ compiler available, too.

> Out of curiosity, am I walking down a dead end path with pkgsrc and
> SunPro CC on OpenSolaris?  Roughly how many people use it?

No, you aren't. When I had access to such a system, it worked quite
well. Now I don't have access anymore, but some other developers
certainly do. I just looked at the build reports at

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/reports/SunOS/i386/

and saw that indeed, python 2.5 didn't build. That's because of an
"undefined symbol FFI_DEFAULT_ABI". I expect this to be easy to fix.

Roland