PHP-GD at 64bit?

Hi!
I sent something about this a couple of weeks ago, but got no response.

I'm wondering what success people have had in doing 64bit compiling from source on an intel platform.

I am using an Intel Core 2 Duo with Mac OS X as my platform.

Currently, my main issues are with PHP-GD which is relying on the "libjpeg.dylib." The "libjpeg.dylib" does not appear to want to compile at 64bit.

Does anyone know if I'm stuck having to compile everything 32bit? The problem is certain libraries relying on other libraries and when there is architecture mismatching, it fails across the board.

I'd really like to be taking advantage of 64bit, for current and future development, but I'm only starting and fear I'll end up not being able to move from 32bit.

Thanks!

-Ernie GIllis