Re: pkgsrc in real life

* On 2009-01-28 at 16:17 GMT, Adrian Portelli wrote:

> On 28/01/2009 16:01, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>
> > Only that now I build packages in a trashable Solaris zone (as
> > lofs/nfs sandbox is just way too unreliable).  I'll probably
> > document this approach soon (as well as OpenSolaris in
> > VirtualBox), as it makes dev work really nice.
>
> I've started playing with pkgsrc builds in OpenSolaris zones
> recently as well with good success.  I also added some notes on my
> experiences to README.Solaris.

Neat, well, if you're interested I've put my hacky script up

  http://www.perkin.org.uk/misc/create_zone.sh.txt

Currently assumes a store/zones zfs mounted as /store, /netbsd/pkgsrc
containing latest tree, and perhaps some other stuff.

Next up is to see if pbulk now works on Solaris so I can boot up 4
zones and have all cores busy, it still takes a couple of days to do a
full build using mk/bulk/build in just one zone.

Maybe one day we can tidy this stuff up and put it in pkgsrc, along
with a VBoxManage/jumpstart recipe for OpenSolaris (I'm still working
on that one).

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/