Re: Building packages on Freebsd

> Hi everyone.
> I would like to build packages using pkgsrc on freebsd. I've installed
> freebsd 7.0 without Xorg ( average user ), copied pkgsrc,
> bootstrapped... But when it comes to build something, I get stuck at
> X11-links. Building stops with an error code 1 : X headers are missing.
You can try to set X11_TYPE=modular and setup X server from pkgsrc

> I can't get around that. Should I install freebsd with Xorg ? not sure
> it would change anything.
or install X server and libraries from FreeBSD.

On Linux(Debian) I personally use Debian's X server but use
X11_TYPE=modular for building X clients from pkgsrc.

X11_TYPE=native on platforms other than NetBSD
causes lots of pkgsrc failures.

On the other hand native X server may work better for your platform
than modular xorg from pkgsrc (better patched/adapted, better support
for closed-source binary drivers etc.).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.