Re: Heads up (Was Package binaries for Solaris)

Jeremy C. Reed schrieb:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Jörn Clausen wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there is some way to really test such bulk builds. When I
>> started with pkgsrc on Solaris, I realized only after some time, that
>> the libcrypto was bogus, and that several applications weren't
>> working. If I remember correctly, sometimes they crashed immediately,
>> sometimes only when they actually used cryptographic functions.
>
> I don't know of ready way to test the resulting packages, but you can do
> the "make test" to test the packages that have a TEST_TARGET. I don't know
> how useful that is on pkgsrc or pkgsrc on Solaris, but hopefully should be
> better than nothing. Will someone give it a try and report back?

Some months ago I did a bulk build on Solaris using PKGSRC_RUN_TEST=yes.
Many packages that have built before stopped working, some went into
endless loops and some consumed all the entropy that was on the
machine's random generator.

So when you do this, you should constantly watch the bulk build to
ensure it is still running.

Roland