Re: Subversion server no longer accessible after upgrading to NetBSD 4.0.1

Adrian Maier wrote:
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 07:46:15PM +0200, Adrian Maier wrote:
Does 'netstat -a -f inet' list the svn port as listening ?

No,  the svn port does not appear in the list of listening ports.

I have upgraded the svn to 1.4.2.  Nothing changed.  I have also
tried to run the svnserve with the options:
svnserve -r /data/svn -X --foreground --listen-port=9009

but it is not giving any kind of hint about what could be wrong. The bad thing
is that svnserve doesn't seem to create any kind of log file. And
it also doesn't have command line options for increasing the
verbosity.
Adrian,

I normally run svnserve from inetd and have not had any trouble running it on either of my two 4.0.1 boxes on which I run svnserve. I just tried using svnserve as its own daemon and was surprised to see that it does exactly as you said. netstat -afinet does not show the svn port in use. Even netstat -anfinet does net see it but lsof -i :svn does. Even so, I was able to use svn to do a directory listing through the server and since I had specified -X, the server exited as soon as the ls command completed.

This is definitely a weird one. It's like there's now an implicit stealth socket option. The machine on which I experimented does not even have ipfilter enabled, so that shouldn't be a contributing factor.

--Dan