[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: KDE4 / first install and small errors
Thanks for updates.
I have installed kde meta package --- all kde packages.
1- kdenetworks has been built without checksum message. Thank you.
2- Warning: Could not start program 'bin/sh' with arguments 'bin/sh'" message
still exists, but for your information:
- If i start kdm as service and login as root, i see above error message after
clicking 'konsole' from menu
- If i start kdm as service and login as root, and then click on 'terminal'
(gnome's terminal), 'terminal' starts without problem
- If i start kdm as service and login as user, 'konsole' starts without problem
- If i start kde by running startx (exec startkde), i see above error message
after clicking 'konsole' from menu
3- Starting an application with another user's priviliges does not work
either (run as a different user)... No error message in /var/log/kdmlog
- nor in /var/log/messages.
Mark Davies, 10/12/08 06:23:
On Sunday 12 October 2008 14:10:54 Cem Kayali wrote:
Additional report: wip/kdenetworks4 checksum fails, even if it use
ftp.kde.org archive to download source code.
I missed committing the update for 4.1.2 - fixed now.
Also i see "Warning: Could not start program 'bin/sh' with arguments
'bin/sh'" error message if i would like to click on console after
logging in kdm as root --- but i think this is kde bug, nothing to do at
This might be an effect of the "showstopper" bug that I just added a patch
to kdelibs4 to fix this morning. Try updating and rebuilding your
Main Index |
Thread Index |