Re: pkgsrc on OpenSolaris?

eOn Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:52:20 +0100 Adrian Portelli
<adrianp%stindustries.net@localhost> wrote:

> Mike Meyer wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:18:28 +0100
> > "Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >> I also have got pkgsrc (HEAD) on SXCE, presently snv_97 on my AMD64
> >> box with reasonable success. From my mk.conf:

> >> ABI=                    64
> >> PKGSRC_COMPILER=        sunpro
> >> SUNWSPROBASE=           /opt/SUNWspro
> >
> > Well, this isn't working for me. It appears to be a problem with 32
> > vs. 64 bit setup.
> >
> > I started with the 2008Q2 tarball (that's the one that was linked to
> > by the docs), and - after adding a variety of SUNW* packages not
> > listed in the docs to get headers and the lik - got the bootstrap
> > process to finish with this command line:
> >
> > CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc ./bootstrap --pkgdbdir /usr/pkg/db --abi=64
> > --compiler sunpro
> >
> > If I don't set CC, one of the packages in the bootstrap uses $CC which
> > defaults to gcc. It then seemed to finish without errors.
> >
> > So the first thing I try and build is lang/python25. That exits with
> > the following command/errors:
> >
> > ===> Building for libiconv-1.12nb1
> > [elided]
> > cd lib && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake all
> > /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -O -o libcharset.la
> > -rpath /usr/pkg/lib -version-info 1:0:0 -no-undefined localcharset.lo
> > relocatable.lo
> > ld -G -z text -h libcharset.so.1 -o .libs/libcharset.so.1.0.0
> > .libs/localcharset.o .libs/relocatable.o
> > -L/usr/pkg/pkgsrc/converters/libiconv/work/.buildlink/lib -lc
> > -R/usr/pkg/lib
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/ucblib/libucb.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libsocket.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libnsl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libelf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
> > ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> > .libs/libcharset.so.1.0.0
>
> Which ld is is picking up there ? The GNU one or the Sun one ?

Well, I had logged out of the system, so I logged back in, reset the
PATH to the last thing I'd used, checked the ld (it was using the Sun
one), and ran a "bmake clean; bmake" to make sure it was failing as
expected - and it worked.

Which means I probably had something in my environment that was
poisoning things. I could have sworn I'd logged in and out multiple
times during this process, so that shouldn't have been a problem, but
it's working now.

     Thanks for all the help,
     <mike
--