Re: pkgsrc on OpenSolaris?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:18:28 +0100
"Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I also have got pkgsrc (HEAD) on SXCE, presently snv_97 on my AMD64
> box with reasonable success. From my mk.conf:

> ABI=                    64
> PKGSRC_COMPILER=        sunpro
> SUNWSPROBASE=           /opt/SUNWspro

Well, this isn't working for me. It appears to be a problem with 32
vs. 64 bit setup.

I started with the 2008Q2 tarball (that's the one that was linked to
by the docs), and - after adding a variety of SUNW* packages not
listed in the docs to get headers and the lik - got the bootstrap
process to finish with this command line:

CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc ./bootstrap --pkgdbdir /usr/pkg/db --abi=64 --compiler
sunpro

If I don't set CC, one of the packages in the bootstrap uses $CC which
defaults to gcc. It then seemed to finish without errors.

So the first thing I try and build is lang/python25. That exits with
the following command/errors:

===> Building for libiconv-1.12nb1
[elided]
cd lib && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake all
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -O -o libcharset.la
-rpath /usr/pkg/lib -version-info 1:0:0 -no-undefined localcharset.lo
relocatable.lo
ld -G -z text -h libcharset.so.1 -o .libs/libcharset.so.1.0.0
.libs/localcharset.o .libs/relocatable.o
-L/usr/pkg/pkgsrc/converters/libiconv/work/.buildlink/lib -lc  -R/usr/pkg/lib
ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: file /usr/ucblib/libucb.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libresolv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libsocket.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libnsl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libelf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
.libs/libcharset.so.1.0.0

Since it's building 64 bit binaries (and yes, the .o files in
converters/libiconv/work are all 64 bit), I'd agree that those the
wrong ELF class.

The LIBS setting in mk.conf doesn't seem to get passed on to ld by the
libtool invocation, and setting LDFLAGS only seems to pick up one of
the two (at least) libraries I need here.

Here's the contents of mk.conf, pretty much as it was created:

# Example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by bootstrap-pkgsrc
# Tue Sep 23 20:01:53 EDT 2008

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings

ABI=                    64
PKGSRC_COMPILER=        sunpro
SUNWSPROBASE=           /opt/SUNWspro

PKG_DBDIR=              /usr/pkg/db
LOCALBASE=              /usr/pkg
VARBASE=                /var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=          /usr/pkg/sbin
PKGMANDIR=              man

TOOLS_PLATFORM.sh?=             /usr/pkg/bin/pdksh
TOOLS_PLATFORM.ksh?=            /usr/pkg/bin/pdksh
TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk?=            /usr/pkg/bin/nawk
TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed?=            /usr/pkg/bin/nbsed
TOOLS_PLATFORM.pax?=            /usr/pkg/bin/pax
TOOLS_PLATFORM.tar?=            /usr/pkg/bin/tar

.endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

I note that pkgsrc did get the database/db4 port built before this
blew up.

Anyone got hint as to what I can do to make it use the right library
directories (/usr/lib/amd64 and /usr/ucblib/64)?

    thanks
    <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm%mired.org@localhost>