Re: Did I make a mistake by installing "2008Q2?" Is there some reason not to install "current?"

ネルソンヘンリー wrote:
> added: "Partial updates from CVS are not advisable."  This worries me
> because this is how I have been
> getting around having to install dependencies with security
> vulnerabilities.  Already in kde3 there have
> been three packages I've updated to get security fixes: tiff, libxml2
> and xine-lib.

Maybe there's a misunderstanding. What I meant was that if you do

cd /usr/pkgsrc/whatever/something && cvs up -dP

then "something" might not build correctly because there may be
changes somewhere else in the CVS repository affecting it.

So what I meant was, it's safer to update the whole tree:
cd /usr/pkgsrc && cvs up -dP

I didn't mean you couldn't update the installation of a single package.

--
Christian