Why disabling XCB in x11/libX11 ?

Hello,

I was looking at trying the devel (version 3) branch of wm/awesome and I
saw it requires XCB. I saw in the Makefile of x11/libX11 that XCB is
disabled (CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--without-xcb).
Quoting XCB's homepage: The X protocol C-language Binding (XCB) is a
replacement for Xlib featuring a small footprint, latency hiding, direct
access to the protocol, improved threading support, and extensibility.

I could find wip/*xcb packages but the included patches are not working
with current version of x11/libX11.

Is pkgsrc on a way for "official" (hear, migrate from wip) integration of
XCB ? If not, what are the reasons for not including it by default ?

Best regards,
    Jo