emacs 22.1.1 incremental search doesn't work on NetBSD-4

Incremental search doesn't work at all with cyrillic text in emacs-22
eunning on NetBSD-4.
Emacs installed from pkgsrc-2008Q1. That is when I type C-s, switch
to cyrillic-jcuken input method, and then try to type russian word,
emacs says "Failed I-search" after I enter the first letter.

I tried to run 'emacs --no-init-file' - the same results.
i-search with latin characters works fine.

AFAIR i-search in emacs-21 worked fine.

Under Linux/Debian the same version of emacs from pkgsrc works fine.

NetBSD chen.chizhovka.net 4.0_STABLE NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #3: Wed Apr 23
00:58:08 EEST 2008
cheusov%chen.chizhovka.net@localhost:/srv/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

Any help?

--