Re: libgnomecanvas fails with X11_TYPE=modular??

On Wed, 14 May 2008 08:05:40 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:03:15PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >> Should I be deleting x11-links?  I can't build it with modular.
> >
> > Yes, x11-links is absolutely unused. Note that you can and will run
> > into issues with most packages that depended on it, as they
> > hardcode a bunch of flags and locations...
>
> So are you saying that building with X11_TYPE=modular is likely to
> lead to a lot of breakage?  I am finding breakage in gnome, and
> trying that because I had the impression that the netbsd-gnome people
> were all running modular.

I'm not a gnome user.  I have had to do some manual reconfiguration on
other apps to deal with modular xorg, such as setting XAuthLocation in
the ssh and sshd config files.  (Disclaimer: I did all that >3 years
ago; things may have changed.)