Re: Experiences with pkgsrc on Macs?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 21:37:51 -0400
Amitai Schlair <> wrote:

I recently reinstalled my Mac Pro with a completely vanilla Leopard
(which is to say, case-insensitive), and plan to start doing bulk
builds on it soon. Likewise with my dual G4.

Sure I'm biased, but I think you should use pkgsrc. :-)

Hey -- familiarity is a very good argument.

Yeah. I went with fink because I can understand the ".info" files. I
can't make heads or tails out of the pkgsrc format. If I could, I would
be using pkgsrc everywhere.

Hisashi T Fujinaka -