Re: Experiences with pkgsrc on Macs?

I use MacPorts on my OS X intel laptop.  I looked into
pkgsrc, but didn't want to risk breaking anything since
I don't have an install cd since the laptop came preinstalled
with OS X.

MacPorts works ok for a lot of basic apps.  However,
it has failed to work (for me at least) on certain applications
(like firefox and probably other apps that I'm not thinking of).
However, it's easy to use and has a large code repository.

sudo port -d sync

port installed

sudo port install <pkgName>

are some really useful MacPorts commands.  See man port for more.