Re: confusion regarding .include vs DEPENDS

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:25:48 -0500
"Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> When reading chapter 10 of the pkgsrc doco, I am confused about including
> the buildlink3 file vs having DEPENDS in the makefile.  The doco seems to
> indicate a preference to using buildlink3 files, but how do you specify a
> minimum version for the dependency that way?  I don't want to force
> dependencies to be updated when it's not necessary.

The buildlink3 file has some lines to specify API and ABI minimum
versions, but if you want to specify another minimum version in a
package, you can use something like:

BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.foo+= foo>=2.10

--
Juan Romero Pardines - xtraeme at gmail|netbsd dot org
        The NetBSD Project

Make your own NetBSD/x86 Live CD
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/mklivecd/