Re: problems building kdenetwork

On 01/04/2008, Steven M. Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
> I'm having trouble trying to build kdenetwork:
>
>  /usr/pkgsrc/net/kdenetwork3/work/.buildlink/include/X11/Xmd.h:152: error:
> confli
>  cting declaration 'typedef long unsigned int CARD32'
>  ../../krfb/libvncserver/rfb.h:43: error: 'CARD32' has a previous declaration
> as
>  'typedef unsigned int CARD32'
>  rfbcontroller.cc: In member function 'virtual void KNotifyEvent::exec()':

As part of a two-week-long pkg_rolling-replace I rebuild kde a few
days ago; I was just about to hit the Return key with the above when I
remembered I had the same problem; I "solved" it on the spot by
duplicating the definition in Xmd.h.

>  This is on a i386-4.x machine running xorg.  I refreshed pkgsrc from HEAD,
>  used lintpkgsrc to find out what packages were out of date, and pkgdepgraph
>  to generate a rebuild script.  Everything but kde3 rebuilt without
>  any trouble.
>
>  /usr/pkg/include/X11/Xmd.h comes from xproto, which seems to be
>  a dependency of kdenetwork3, though I don't see just where it's
>  being requested.
>
>                 --Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

/dev/random says:
        People say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014