LinuxFromScratch+pkgsrc without gcc

I've built a linux system with SunPro compiler. It's not yet bootable but I can
bootstrap and build many packages from chroot. The instruction is here:

Unfortunately, inline patches can't be applied because blog's editor is too
smart to keep original formatting but you can manually edit affected files.

It's interesting to see how well pkgsrc is without gcc installed. There are
some problems, though.

Of course, there are easier ways to get a system without gcc but many
distributives splits gcc into pieces and even though gcc is not installed, some
subset of gcc might be in the system. One example is /usr/bin/cpp.

Comments are welcome!
Alexander Nasonov