Re: Evolution is missing icons in GUI and crashes - maybe dbus issue

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:19:38 -0500
"Doctor Who" <whodoctor%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> After installing gnome-control-center (still confused as to why that
> was not done as a dependency of other packages like Evolution)

Probably just a simple mistake.  If that solves your problem, send-pr
the issue and someone will fix the package.

As for how the mistake happened -- developing packages with a lot of
dependencies is difficult, especially if you're working on a machine
with many packages installed.  Did the package work because you got all
of the dependencies right, or because you just happened to have
something installed that someone else might not?  I had problems with a
package just two weeks ago because of the maintainer's configuration.
(OTOH, a couple of years ago I had the opposite problem.  I couldn't
build a particular package because of something else I had installed --
an unfortunate namespace collision -- but for a long time, the package
maintainer was very puzzled because he couldn't reproduce my problem.
Eventually, I figured out that the namespace collision was occurring.)