Re: subversion-base problem (I think it was neon)

Hisashi T Fujinaka <> writes:

> I rebuilt my packages yesterday (pkgsrc-2007Q4 update) on my 4.0-stable
> machine and had several odd problems. One was that packages that didn't
> exist weren't rebuilt and "pkg_chk -u" kept dying. I'm used to that
> problem. The other was that subversion-base wouldn't work with an https
> site because of "library mismatch." I fixed it by rebuilding neon (or so
> I think).

The pkgrevision bump scheme is supposed to avoid this, but I try to have
all my packages be from the same time snapshot of pkgsrc (via

One thing missing from pkgsrc is tracking dependencies of the base
system.  If you update to a system with a new libssl, then packages
built after the update will use the new one, and those before the older
one.  Each can work, but mixed libraries are trouble.  So really when a
new major of /usr/lib/libfoo is installed, any package that links with
it should be marked unsafe_depends, so that
<shameless-plug>pkg_rolling-replace</> can clean up.  On my netbsd-4
system (which dates to long long ago - I've updated via source since
probably 1.6, and done dump/restore to upgrade disks):

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  190670 Jun 28  2002 /usr/lib/
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  197251 Jun 24  2004 /usr/lib/
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  202975 Oct 17  2005 /usr/lib/
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  264863 Dec 18 08:52 /usr/lib/