Does mail/dspam play nice with postfix?

I'm trying to get dspam set up but running into lots of difficulties with bouncing messages back to dspam for "retraining".

I'm running with package options 'syslog homedir'. Incoming mail is processed fine, and dspam puts its headers in and appends the message signature. The problems start when I try to send a received message back into dspam.

I've tried setting up a single alias

        spam: "|/usr/pkg/bin/dspam --user root --source=error ..."

and bounce the message there. It tells me that it cannot establish a context because the sender (me? postfix? postfix's default_privs user?) is not trusted and cannot user the --user option.

I've tried setting up a "sub-domain" but postfix refuses to send to it because of a DNS error. And postfix's newaliases won't let me set up the appripriate alias anyway since the "user" part of the alias must be local:

        @spam.whooppee.com: "|/usr/pkg/bin/dspam ..."

And I've even tried setting up a per-user spam-* alias

        spam-paul: "|/usr/pkg/bin/dspam --user paul ..."

but it also complains about being unable to use the --user option.

Anyone got any clue-by-fours for me?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |