Re: skype is really stale

2007/8/21, Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost>:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:52:07PM +0800, clayton wrote:
> > I did figure out how to get sound from the headphones with the
> > audioplay utility, so I don't think there is a problem on the NetBSD
> > driver side. However, Skype 1.2.0.18 sound options only ever showed me
> > "/dev/dsp", ie. there was no additional option for when the headphones
> > were plugged in, and there was no way to choose between the internal
> > sound card and the headphones from within skype. On the Linux side,
> > using recent versions of Skype, one can choose between various sound
> > cards.
>
> NetBSD doesn't have /dev/dsp.  You can symlink it to any /dev/sound* device.
> (linux emulation will check for /emul/linux/dev/dsp and /dev/dsp, in that
> order).

I think symlinking /dev/dsp to /dev/sound* is done automatically? At
least I don't make links and:

sh@tatooine:/emul/linux/dev/ > ls -al /emul/linux/dev/dsp
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  5 Jul 30 21:46 /emul/linux/dev/dsp -> sound
sh@tatooine:/emul/linux/dev/ > ls -al /emul/linux/dev/sound
lrwx------  1 root  wheel  6 Jul 30 21:46 /emul/linux/dev/sound -> sound0
sh@tatooine:/emul/linux/dev/ > ls -al /emul/linux/dev/sound0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  42, 0 Aug 21 07:56 /emul/linux/dev/sound0
sh@tatooine:/emul/linux/dev/ >

which corresponds to devices in /dev:

sh@tatooine:/emul/linux/dev/ > ls -al /dev/sound0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  42, 0 Jul 25 20:45 /dev/sound0

morr

--
Daniel 'Shinden' Horecki
http://morr.pl