Re: pkgsrc and OS X

On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:46 PM, Philipp Riegger wrote:

I had a look at darwinports and they just used gcc-3. What is the "normal" gcc-version used in netbsd? 3 or 4?

Ok, i tried gcc-3 and it just built. So, does pkgsrc use gcc3 or gcc4? An easy workaround for OS X might be to check if /usr/bin/ gcc-3.3 exists, tell configureto use it if it exists and die with an error message if not.

I will try to find out more about the gcc-4 issues and about swi- prolog on OS X.

Building with gcc 4 does not work. Building with the gentoo gcc4 patch does not work, but i'm not exactly sure if i applied it correctly. And i found another patch that should fix this. I will do more tests tomorrow.

Just some questions:

What is the best way to try additional patches? Where are the commands like bmake fetch and bmake clean documented? Does something like "man bmake" exist (of course not man bmake, but man pkgsrc or so)?

Thanks,
        Philipp