amaya without accents

   Hi everyone.
I like netbsd and want to use it as desktop. It works great, but I am annoyed by a couple of small problems. Since netbsd is such a great system, pkgsrc such a wonderful concept, and the users of both so nice and so genius, I thought that maybe someone could find an answer to those little problems. For example, I built amaya with X11_TYPE=xorg ( pkgsrc 2006Q2, netbsd 3.0 ), but there isn't any accents in the graphical interface. Even the buttons where there is text with accents disappear. And, of course, when I try to write with an accent, it doesn't work. When I try to write ù it writes Ã, etc. I might have already asked these questions, but maybe I wasn't nice enough...
   Could someone *please* help me out ?
   Thank you very much. And sorry for being so insistent.
   David