Re: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files

I had the same problems whilst installating packages on a new system. My work around was to install xproto and xextproto manually using the pkgsrc framework and returning to the packages that previously failed.

cheerio Berndt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jukka Salmi" <j+nbsd%2006.salmi.ch@localhost>
To: <pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Sent: Saturday, 08 July, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: Re: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files

Jukka Salmi --> pkgsrc-users (2006-07-06 22:07:19 +0200):
Hello,

using HEAD pkgsrc on a -current NetBSD/i386 system, building several
packages like www/firefox and graphics/hicolor-icon-theme currently
fails with

===> wrapper-message [...] ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for [...]
ERROR: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files.
*** Error code 1

Is anybody else seeing this? What could cause this problem?

Installing x11/xextproto and trying again resulted in

Creating toolchain wrappers for hicolor-icon-theme-0.9nb1
ERROR: xproto is not installed; can't buildlink files.
*** Error code 1

and after installing x11/xproto I was able to build the packages which
failed before. So, is there a missing dependency? Should I send a PR?

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~