Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

rakheshster%gmail.com@localhost said:
> How do I "apply" the appended patch?

The command is just called "patch". It should work that way:
-cd /usr/src/lib/libc/rpc
-patch < /path/to/sigfix.txt

As said, the RCS IDs will conflict. I'd expect two
"Hunk failed" and one "Hunk succeeded" message, and the
"clnt_vc.c.rej" created should only contain lines around
the "$NetBSD..." lines.

To check, you can do "diff -up clnt_vc.c.orig clnt_vc.c";
the output should look like the significant part of the
original patch.

> > cvs update -j
> I suppose before that I'll have to give the repository name etc ...
> what is that?

This would only apply if you checked out the sources
by (anonymous) CVS. So this is not an option right now.
(You'll find information on the NetBSD homepage.)

> > -try some commands, just to test the new libc
> Any usual commands would do? "ls" "mv" "nano" and so on?

Yes, any dynamically linked command will do. In modern
NetBSDs, all comands except those in /rescue are dynamically
linked.

best regards
Matthias