Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

On 5/27/06, Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner%fz-juelich.de@localhost> wrote:

rakheshster%gmail.com@localhost said:
> I guess the easiest workaround for this would be to switch to "gamin"
> then instead of "fam"?

It depends. That switch would require recompilation
of all pkgs depending on "fam".
If you have system sources around anyway it is certainly
faster to pull in that patch and recompile libc.

Ouch! Ok, that's big. :)

I do have the system sources around actually. What do I have to do to
pull in that patch and recompile libc? I have compiled my own kernel,
and I am familiar with cvs in terms of updating my pkgsrc -- just
mentioning that so you have an idea of my background while explaining.

So, sorry, this is all a bit unfortunate, but I don't
know an easier fix -- except perhaps a friendly person
providing a libc binary. (I can't, I'm running -current
exclusively.)

Hmm, that's ok. If building a patched libc binary is difficult, then
I'll just hang around till the next formal release comes. As of now I
have just disabled my screensaver, and so it doesn't bother me much. I
suppose NetBSD 3.1 might have this patch right?

Nevertheless, I think I might just build a patched libc binary once
you tell me how to do it -- purely for learning sakes and seeing what
it involves.

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)