Re: GNOME screensaver hangs

rakheshster%gmail.com@localhost said:
> I guess the easiest workaround for this would be to switch to "gamin"
> then instead of "fam"?

It depends. That switch would require recompilation
of all pkgs depending on "fam".
If you have system sources around anyway it is certainly
faster to pull in that patch and recompile libc.

> How do I do that?

Remove everything depending on "fam", set FAM_DEFAULT to
"gamin" in /etc/mk.conf and recompile.
You need pkg sources, binary pkgs use "fam" per default.

So, sorry, this is all a bit unfortunate, but I don't
know an easier fix -- except perhaps a friendly person
providing a libc binary. (I can't, I'm running -current
exclusively.)

best regards
Matthias