NetBSD-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: dual boot installation with UEFI
Sep 26, 2026, 00:11 by ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost:
>
>
> El 26/9/26 a las 3:06, Jeff escribió:
>
>> Hi, folks,
>>
>> I wish to install NetBSD into the unused space (or I can pre-format it, if that would help) on a drive which already has a UEFI partition and a partition on which Gentoo is installed, and I want to keep Gentoo intact. I cannot find any instructions or tutorials regarding installing on a disk that has another OS on it, and all of my attempts have failed when I get to the point of accepting the disk layout. It quickly fails with a complaint about not being able to access /dev/dk* (and I'm trying to install on nvme).
>>
>> Is there a tutorial or FAQ somewhere that I'm not finding, or does anyone have any tips for how I might proceed?
>>
>> Thanks much!
>> Jeff
>>
>
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Just to save you some of the headache I had, once you finish the installation with the help of the NetBSD experts and overcome your problem, I'd like to share what I use in /etc/grub.d/40_custom in my Debian GRUB configuration to boot NetBSD:
>
> menuentry 'NetBSD-bootloader' {
> insmod part_gpt
> search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set b8b1-17ed
> chainloader /efi/boot/bootx64.efi
> }
>
> Regards,
> Ramiro
>
Thank you, Ramiro.
Sorry if this should be obvious, but what is the --set argument? I'm wondering if I can use it as is, or if I need to customize it?
Jeff
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index