Re: framebuffer console on old ATI

Hi,

John D. Baker wrote:
Interesting that this works for you.  I have several machines with the
ATI ES1000 rev. 0x02 (RN50) video device: HP DL380G5, HP ML310G4, IBM
x3650, Dell PowerEdge 2850 and they all exhibit the "almost-black-on-black"
video problem when booting a kernel built with the patch applied and
radeondrmkms, etc. enabled.

when you have black on black, the computer is still functioning correctly... e.g. it responds to keyboard (caps-lock) and most important it responds to network and you can telnet/ssh into it. Mine does not.. this is what worries me, I think something else is misconfigured or misinitialized.

Riccardo