Re: Mailing List Oddity

Hello Alistair,

  ASB> Why is there a regional-london mailing list but no regional-uk?

  AGC> I think mainly because a number of us were working in London,
     > and with the occasional guest visitor swanning in, enlightening
     > us, then exiting stage left, we used regional-london to arrange
     > meetups.

Ah, in part to catching people passing through then.

  AGC> ...(just taking one superlative region at random, Glasgow, to
     > prove my point beyond question).  But a regional-weegie list
     > might not have as much of a pull as regional-london.

    Either city might attract people with an interest in underground
trains! :-)

  AGC> Now onto the vexing questions of whether the uk is a region at
     > all, why regional-uk would not work for the poor folks in the
     > Isle of Man...

    I paused when typing 'regional-uk' to wonder whether regional-
wales, regional-scotland might attract more of an audience.  Perhaps
our userbase is small enough to keep meetup announcements in netbsd-
users without clogging it up too much.

  AGC> why London, Ohio, USA folks are always late for regional-london
     > get-togethers, regions where abs would deliver vaxen to, etc

   Don't forget London, Ontario, Canada!  Come to think of it, there's
a Cardiff, Illinois, USA too.  regional-cardiff-no-the-other-one

-Andy Ball