Re: NetBSD 10 and unreliable git

Hi,

I think the situation is a little more complex and there may be some
network card bug. Below my reasoning.

Martin Husemann wrote:
> I have never seen that (neither on 10.0 nor on -current). It is very
> hard to tell what causes the errors for you. Two potential reasons
> would be network issues (e.g. a bug in the driver for the network device
> you are using) or the limit of simultaneous open files.

- on core i3 latop, amd64, I had repeated several times on different
WiFis... repeatable issue (checkout of gecko git). Attached wired and it
worked. This points to be a network related issue, not open file or others.

- on a vintage T43 with Pentium Mobile and troublesome iwi network
card... the operation completed the first time plain over WiFi! And this
system has half of the half performance of the above one...

Riccardo