Re: intel videocard performance degraded severely after 9.4 update

On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 12:51:55PM +0000, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

I updated my trusty R52 ThinkPad to 9.4 - i915.
All went quite well.

wifi is unreliable - but that is most probably the same isue I have on
the T30 and I am already investigating that with Martin.

I have a R52e and the internal wifi does now work with the
router provided by my ISP (comcast).  I believe a "Edimax
N150" dongle may work, but I have not tried it yet.

X11 performance however is close to unusable, even a simple xterm has
issues scrolling and there are artifacts in redrawing

I have a similar issue with X artifacts with NetBSD 10.0 amd64
on my Thinkpad T420.  It occurs when under a heavy load.
I created this PR for the issue:

https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=58217

I wonder if this is related ?

In Xorg.0.log I see:
[  1561.785] (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit rendering commands (Invalid
argument), disabling acceleration.

that doesn't look promising!

Yes it does, but I do not get that in my Xorg.0.log

Regards