Re: Xorg garbage mouse pointer in window edges and corners (NetBSD 10.0_RC3)

On Thu 01 Feb 2024 at 11:50:43 +0100, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
> # X -configure

I noticed that with 10.0, this generates a different config file than
what's actually used! There is a difference in the mouse configuration.

The actual mouse protocol that is used by default is

        Driver	"ws"

but it generates

        Driver	"mouse"

and I noticed that on my thinkpad, the touchpad scroll function was only
supported by the "ws" driver and not the "mouse" driver.

Also these days it is apparently better to have

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
	Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps,compose:menu,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

than

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
	Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps,compose:menu,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

which is the style that is generated.
And similar for the mouse:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        MatchIsPointer "on"
        Driver      "ws"
        Option      "Protocol" "wsmouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose