Re: xterm -fa weirdness (9.3 and 10.0 RC_1)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024, Rhialto wrote:

The thing is that I used the lower case names (instance names instead of
class names) in the .Xresources on purpose. The reason was, if I
remember correctly, to make them work for both xterm and uxterm.

A change like this should work for that use-case, I think:

xterm*faceName:           Lucida Console Semi-Condensed
xterm*faceSize:           9

Use an instance-name, but, make it very general. Then `-fa something'
will override the above because it supplies the component which will
win over the *.

HTH,

-RVP