Re: Where are the 10.0 packages?

"Jay F. Shachter" <jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost> writes:

> I have just now been trying to install some packages onto my NetBSD 10
> system (which I don't often get to do, because it cannot see my
> wireless device, but today I was able to give it Internet access by
> connecting two laptops to an Ethernet hub, and making the NetBSD
> system a dhcp client of the other laptop), and I cannot, because the
> packages are no longer at
> http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/10.0/All where
> they used to be.  The amd64 directory now has nothing higher then 9.
> What do I need to put into my PKG_PATH variable to access the 10.0
> packages (when I am next able to do so, which won't be for a long
> while)?  Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

The NetBSD 10 branch (note that NetBSD 10.0 has not been released)
recently had an ABI break, so packges built before the ABI change no
longer worked.  We have withdrawn all pre-ABI-change packages as they
will not work with up-to-date 10.  And, because the point of 10 is to
help test for the upcoming 10.0 relase, everyone running 10 should be
running up-to-date 10.

Packages from after the ABI break are available for aarch64 and
earmv[67]hf-el.  Someone is working on packages for 2023Q3 for amd64 but
I don't have a firm ETA.  Tomorrow is pretty much unthinkable and 30
days is pretty likely.  In between is much harder to talk about!