Re: /dev/tty01 will not open on Beaglebone Black

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 09:02:53PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:

> However, a write fails and hangs the board hard: no keyboard response, no response to pings.  I have attached the test program below, and would appreciate more eyes on it from (the many) people who obviously know serial line programming better than I do.  It gets as far as the write() call, but no further.

This sounds like a driver bug.  In no circumstances should a user land program be able to
hang a machine.  I would log a kernel PR with your sample code attached.

I may be helpful if you can get into ddb and get a backtrace there.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",