Re: dhcpd(8) and unused or old MAC addresses

On 2023-08-23 09:18, Brett Lymn wrote:

I have seen the opposite happen on a linux server where a vm I was
constantly rebuilding would get a different IP despite the interface
MAC being the same every time.

As long as it doesn't double allocate it really shouldn't matter if
dhpcd hands out the same address to something reappearing after the
lease time has expired it.

No, it's not relevant unless you need for some reason (as I mentioned
in a previous message) that the same IP is used.

So, probably it's a matter of an internal policy of the DHCP server:
the one in NetBSD is different from the one in Linux. But, what
matters is that they can both fit to your needs.

Rocky