dhcpd(8) and unused or old MAC addresses

Hi all!

II{R,U}C, dhcpd(8) actually uses a pseudo-static IP assigment policy:
it tries to relate the same MAC address always to the same IP address.
I have a NetBSD 9.0 machine which acts as DHCP server and it seems to
behave exactly this way.

However, there are some MAC addresses (which "reserve" an IP address in
the dhcp IP range) that are no more present in my local network: for
example, some devices that are no more used, or some other devices that
(after a software update: sometimes it happens, at least with mobile
phones) changed the MAC address of their NICs.

Is there a way to "free" their entries, to let dhcpd(8) forget about
them, so that the relative IP addresses are re-usable? Each device
which receives an IP address is recorded in /var/db/dhcpd.leases. Is it
enough to manually delete its entry in that database file, or some
other operation is needed?

Bye!

Rocky