Re: UEFI installation

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 11:15:48PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> A better solution would probably be to simply set up all
> possible boot methods (for the way the system is being
> configured) without caring which method happened to be
> used to boot the install image.

Yes, ideally.

But that will get pretty complicated soon, when we introduce setting
proper boot options within UEFI now that we have the runtime services
available - but only if booted via UEFI. This is required to support
multi-boot setups (with different OSes on the same disk; it already
works fine if you dedicate a disk to each OS).

We could still do the default UEFI setup w/o boot option if booted via
BIOS, but then we'll have 3 code paths, all non-trivial to test.

Not objecting, just noting that it might get slightly complex.

Martin