Re: Regression in 10.x installer

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 02:14:26PM -0400, salquest%duck.com@localhost wrote:
> Previously I did not select this option ?preconfigured ?wedges?? because it
> says - preconfigured ?wedges? dk(4) in my case, and dk4 is not the NetBSD
> partition, it is a Linux swap partition. However, you are right that it
> lists the wedges, and I can select dk1 which is the NetBSD FFSv2 wedge. Now
> that I look closely, it does say dk(4), and not dk4. Maybe 4 is the count
> then? However, my disk wd0 has 5 partitions (unless we don?t want to count
> the EFI partition).

4 is the section number in the manuals, "man dk" will show:

DK(4)                        Device Drivers Manual                       DK(4)

NAME
     dk - disk partition (wedge) driver

... so the menu entry is meant to say: everyhting that has a "dk" device
attached.

Clearly not well-phrased, I am open to sugestions for improvent.

> I still could not install NetBSD 10 current on the NetBSD wedge though,
> because after selecting the wedge, it again goes back to the menu asking
> which disk I want to install NetBSD on.

That clearly is a bug. At least it should error verbosly if anything
does not work - I'll see if I can reproduce it locally.

Martin