Re: ZFS Bogosity

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that David Brownlee would write on Sun Aug 13 12:00:14 2023:

> This reminded me of something I saw a little while back, but neglected
> to report - now filed as
> https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=57583 - I
> think this matches the symptoms you saw?

Indeed, it matches exactly the symptoms that I saw, except that I did
not test whether it would have worked if I had created a ZFS pool on a
whole unpartitioned wd0, since that would have destroyed 10 operating
systems, including NetBSD.

(Yes, I truly do have 10 operating systems installed on my computer's
hard drive.  Five are UNIX: Solaris, Springdale Linux, Slackware
Linux, NetBSD and OpenBSD.  Five are non-UNIX: Microsoft Windows,
Haiku, 9front, ReactOS and FreeDOS.  I was in the process of
installing Hurd, when I saw the e-mail to which I am responding now.
What make it even more challenging is that the disk is MBR-partitioned.
At this point, I probably know more about multiboot computers than
anyone else in the world.  If I could be paid for doing this, I would
be a rich man.)

	Jay F. Shachter
	6424 North Whipple Street
	Chicago IL  60645-4111
		(1-773)7613784   landline
		(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                http://m5.chicago.il.us
		jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost

	"But when she traced the killer's IP address ... it was in the 192.168/16 block!"