Re: Libreoffice: Error about /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7

Bruce Nagel <nagelbh%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> When attempting to upgrade libreoffice using pkgin, I am getting the following
> before the (massive) list of packages to be updated:

You didn't say what version of NetBSD, which arch, and where the binary
packages you are using are coming from.

> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7, needed by gcc7-7.5.0nb6 is not present in this system.

> After having updated some other packages (installing a new version of Firefox52
> in hopes that it wouldn't crash like crazy) trying to run libreoffice gives
> this error:

It is in general unsound to update some but not all packages.   I guess
in theory the dependency rules should express what's necessary and
partial updates should be ok.