Libreoffice: Error about /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7

When attempting to upgrade libreoffice using pkgin, I am getting the following
before the (massive) list of packages to be updated:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7, needed by gcc7-7.5.0nb6 is not present in this system.

...which appears to be saying the C++ in the base system is not the version
it's expecting.

After having updated some other packages (installing a new version of Firefox52
in hopes that it wouldn't crash like crazy) trying to run libreoffice gives
this error:

Warning: failed to launch javaldx - java may not function correctly
/usr/pkg/libreoffice-7.5.1.2/lib/libreoffice/program/libsvllo.so: Shared object "libjvmfwklo.so" not found

...which is what prompted me to try to upgrade libreoffice, in hopes that it
might resolve that issue.

Any indications on how to proceed appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
--
We have met the enemy and he is us.