installing onto nvme/m2 ssd

Hi, I am trying to install Netbsd 10 on a eufi machine. a ryzen b450 motherboard with a ryzen 5 2600 in it.

It has currently a m2/nvme drive in it that has windows installed on it, complete with all the crap that comes with a eufi windows 10 install.

I am having trouble using the netbsd installer to properly wipe and repartition this sssd.

First, I just let the netbsd installer run its course. I told it to use the whole disk in the installer and made no further adjustments, this of course resulted in a non bootable system. It did not wipe any of the EFI windows stuff, windows boot manager, recovery partition..

So I tried again. This time I downloaded the EUFI install image of netbsd 9.3

And in the utility menu I went to configuer/partition disk.

I would select the windows partitions and hit delete, but it would not respond or suceed.

I had to go into 'further editing' where I tried to delete the whole disk', it failed. The partition tool crashed right there.

I ended up using a secure format tool, which only partially finished before crashing. At least it wiped the disk, I proceeded to install netbsd, however, when it tried to make a GPT partition table for the ssd.. it simply 'failed to make it' and it would not go further.

Similar experiences with trying to install netbsd on intel systems. Even with legacy/bios. Boot instalelr, go through the priocess, 'use entire disk', hit yes to install bootblocks when promptoed... installer finishes... system doesn't boot. This was the case on a sandy bridge system,  (dq67sw mobo i5 2500), and a x99-a system (haswell-e, i5 7930k)

I am lost. What else is needed to get this system partitioned and booted right, does netbsd not come with a bootloader? How do i do this properly..? especially on a modenr machine that has only a m2 ssd. The wiki is really cague on the matter so I assumed it was done automatiaclly.