Re: Advice for new travelling server: Intel Z690 chipset?

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 12:56:57PM +0200, Johan Stenstam wrote:

> I'm a dinosaur from the pre-UEFI era, all I know is 'BIOS boot'. How
> do I find that out?

	sysctl machdep.bootmethod

will tell you. It is completely unrelated to GPT vs. MBR, NetBSD can work with
GPT both on BIOS and UEFI booting machines.

The installer (w/o asking the user) always picks the method it was booted
itself. If UEFI, you will have an additional partiton (the "ESP" aka Efi
System Partition) with msdos file system. This is where the UEFI bootloader
binaries live.

Martin