Re: Advice for new travelling server: Intel Z690 chipset?

Hi Johan,

On 10.05.23 10:26, Johan Stenstam wrote:
The only fly in the ointment is that running NetBSD 9.3 with Xen 4.13 the hypervisor complains about the CPU being unrecognised. When trying Xen 4.15 the CPU is recognised, but then the hypervisor crashes just as it is about to handover to NetBSD. But that’s a topic for another list, and I’m sure it will get sorted out.

Thank you for the interesting information and that you let us participate in the hardware discovery. The note about Xen has attracted my interest. Is the device a UEFI-only system, or can you also boot via BIOS/CSM? Background is that I recently also tried to boot with Xen 4.15 on a UEFI-only system (NetBSD 10.0_BETA) and exactly the same problem that I still get the messages from Xen displayed, but then the NetBSD kernel does not start. Have you already made a post about this on another list? Or if you still plan to - can you please put me on CC?

Thanks & many greetings
Matthias