Re: SuSE emulation doesn't find terminfo [Was: "Could not load..."]

On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 10:40:16AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2023 at 01:37:45PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > # This is the error in question. The vivado shell exits on this
> >
> >     Could not load a transcoding service
> >

> > From web searches, the error appears related to locales. suse15_locales is
> > installed, though I do not know if that gets used.
>
> From ktrace is appears that it is looking for terminfo at various
> locations like : /emul/linux/$HOME/.terminfo, $HOME/.terminfo,
> /emul/linux/etc/terminfo, /etc/terminfo, /emul/linux/usr/share/terminfo,
> /usr/share/terminfo, in that order.
>
> What is this file and a systematic way to put it in place?

Just copied /usr/share/terminfo directory from another distribution to
/emul/linux/usr/share. Now ktrace shows that it reads from this directory.
However the main issue of "Could not load a transcoding service" is still
as it is.

--
Mayuresh