Re: Running NetBSD as qemu guest on laptop, camouflaging as host

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 11:31:00AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I am using qemu with "-vga vmware".

Retracted that. With this the mouse wasn't visible. Now not giving any vga
option, which means it's '-vga std'

> Yes, the vesa mode setting at boot time works for me.
>
> But I'd actually like to start x11, which also works. But I just can't
> rotate the screen to make it vertical.

The same idea worked for me by choosing the highest resolution at boot
time, which gives me a high resolution X11. My window manager (ratpoison)
allows me to pad pixels on the sides. So I get exactly the size I need by
padding.

Now only problem left is a bit of noise when playing videos. I am not sure
when it started, as it was playing smoothly a day ago. I also upgraded
from 9.3 to -current. Not sure if that mattered.

--
Mayuresh