Re: Running NetBSD as qemu guest on laptop, camouflaging as host

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:06:14PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Thanks. xrandr and some pulseaudio settings on host helped me solve both
> the problems.

I wish to use a vertical HDMI monitor with a qemu guest running NetBSD.

I tried to set the resolution in 2 ways:

1. On Linux host's X11 the screen is already rotated. Now use xrandr
newmode, addmode to add a vertical mode with X and Y values of available
modes just swapped. So far ok. But xrandr refuses to switch to this mode.

2. Keep X11 in normal (horizontal) mode on Linux host. Do --rotate using
xrandr on guest (NetBSD) X11. Here the error is that the rotate operation
is not supported.

I tried nearly all -vga options to see what modes become available. The
vmware option enables several more modes. But still no way to rotate by
either of the above methods.

Any other tricks to support a vertical screen on NetBSD running as qemu
guest?

--
Mayuresh